The process of equivalence begins in ESALQ at the Graduate Service Office upon the submission of the following documents:
- Written request signed by the applicant and addressed to the Dean of ESALQ (please inform the purpose of request and personal e-mail contact);
- Two-sided copy of the master’s or doctor degree;
- Copy of the defense report or equivalent document stating the composition of the examination committee;
- Copy of the dissertation or thesis;
- Copy of transcript listing the courses taken;
- Two-sided copy of the undergraduation diploma.
USP’s Graduate Board (CoPGr) can accept as degrees equivalent to those awarded by USP the degrees of Master and Doctor obtained in foreign countries and Habilitation degrees awarded by universities other than USP in the following cases:
- When the interested party intends to apply for graduate school;
- When the interested party is an USP professor or researcher or intends admittance to it;
- When the interested party is applying for a Habilitation position within USP and requests equivalence to his/her Doctorate degree;
- When the interested party is applying for a full professor position within and requests equivalence to his/her Doctorate and/or Habilitation degree.
Degree equivalence is valid exclusively within USP.
Master’s and Doctorate degrees obtained in Brazil and valid countrywide do not require equivalence analysis;
The analysis of the correspondent documentation is to be conducted by the Graduate Committee (CPG) of the unit which the interested party will apply for. USP does not accept Master’s and Doctorate degrees obtained in Brazil but not countrywide accredited.
Master’s and Doctorate degrees obtained abroad can be accepted as equivalent to USP’s degrees provided they are awarded by renowned institutions and considered compatible to those by USP;
Degrees obtained outside USP by professors or researchers thereof can only be accepted for equivalence analysis upon previous authorization granted by the Faculty Senate, Deliberative Council or equivalent bodies of the Unit which the professor belongs to, having heard the interested Department, when pertinent, and the Graduate Committee of the same Unit.