- Donation of the Farm "São João da Montanha" to the State of São Paulo by Luiz Vicente de Souza Queiroz.
- Luiz de Queiroz dies on June 11th.
- Piracicaba Technical Agriculture School is created by Decree no 863 on December 29th.
- On January 22nd Ricardo Ernesto Ferreira de Carvalho is installed as the school's first Dean. On May 1st Odilon Ribeiro Nogueira is the first student to enroll in the new school. On June 3rd classes start, and in July José Amandio Sobral is installed as the school's new Dean.
- Inauguration of the Main Building, initially with only one floor.
- Due to its high standard of teaching and agricultural research, the school is transformed into a Higher Education Institution (HEI), becoming thus one of the first colleges in the country.
- The College received its present name, Escola Superior de Agricultura "Luiz de Queiroz" (ESALQ).
- ESALQ and six others HEIs in the State of São Paulo join forces to create the University of São Paulo (USP). The college is no longer affiliated with Department of Agriculture and Supply of the State of São Paulo.
- The Main Building is expanded, and a new floor is added.
- First Week Luiz de Queiroz, a meeting of alumni and a time to pay homage to graduated students from jubilee years in celebration of the Agronomist Day (October 12th).
- ESALQ is the first USP College to have a graduate program and the second College in the country to offer a Master's of Science. The program covered the areas of Statistics and Experimental Testing, Soils, Plant Nutrition, Plant Pathology, Plant Genetics and Improvement, Mechanics, Agricultural Motors and Machines.
- Creation of the Center of Nuclear Energy in Agriculture (CENA), with goal of developing, absorbing and disseminating nuclear techniques and methods applied to agricultural researches.
- The Home Economics undergraduate program starts; it is later deactivated in 1991.
- ESALQ started to offer a doctorate program in Agricultural Science, the first in Latin America, in the areas of Entomology, Plant Pathology, Genetics, Plant Improvement and Soils and Plant Nutrition. Ferdinando Galli becomes the new Dean. USP undergoes reorganization, and 23 chairs give rise to 15 departments.
- Beginning of the undergraduate program in Forestry.
- Beginning three graduate programs (master): Forestry Resources, Meteorology and Agricultural Microbiology.
- Creation of a coordinating body for the Luiz de Queiroz Campus, which today is know as Prefecture of the Luiz de Queiroz USP Campus. Creation of the Luiz de Queiroz Museum.
- The Campus is now officially called Luiz de Queiroz Campus.
- ESALQ creates a degree program in Agroindustrial Economics, which in 2003 will be called Economics Sciences. A stamp is issued commemorating the 100th anniversary of the death of Luiz de Queiroz.
- 100th anniversary of ESALQ. Creation of a degree program in Food Science. Creation of the ESALQ Association of Emeritus Faculty (Adae). Creation of the Office of Communications (Acom).
- Creation of degree programs in Environmental Management and in Biological Sciences.
- Inauguration of the Biofuel National Complex by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva on January 16th. Creation of the Comission of International Affairs (CAInt). Publication of the first ESALQ bulletin and of the periodical Visão Agrícola (Agricultural Outlook).
- Official completion of the first Brazil-France double degree program in Agronomy, a project coordinated by ESALQ and French Institutions. Creation of an extension service center for farmers - Casa do Produtor Rural.
- The Main Building, the Park and facilities of the Luiz de Queiroz Campus are designated as historic landmarks by the State of São Paulo.
- ESALQ is declared as the first of the Seven Wonders of Piracicaba.
- Graduation of the first double degree agricultural engineer as a result of the agreement between ESALQ and French HEIs.
- The 10,000th agronomy student graduates. Formalization of the double degree program between ESALQ and Wageningen University Research Center, from the Netherlands.
- Beginning of the undergraduate program in Management.
- ESALQ celebrates the 50th anniversary of the implementation of graduate courses.