For information other than application procedures, please see the respective program descriptions.
Courses are conducted on a semestral basis. Application is made within the periods specified below, with entrance in the following semester:
- Master's and Doctoral degree programs: March 1-31 or August 1-31, each year
Interviews and Exams
Interviews and exams are not required for international students applying through the PEC/PG Agreement. If not applying through such agreement, foreign applicants should undergo both interview and written tests.
- Application form
- Letters of recommendation (two)
- 1 photo (3 x 4 cm), attached to the application form
- Birth or marriage certificate
- Lattes résumé (CNPq), updated and printed
- Research plan related to one of the programs's research fields. The plan should include introduction and purpose regarding the fundamental literature, objectives, materials and methods, time schedule and expected results. Innovating features should be highlighted considering the state of the art of the researches in the area (Doctoral program applicants only)
- Official transcripts from the undergraduate institution
- Copy of the undergraduate degree diploma (front and back). Students whose diplomas have not yet been issued should submit an official document indicating the date of conclusion and degree earned. Students who are still atending undergraduate school should submit an official letter indicating that they are potentially eligible to graduate
- Official transcripts from the graduate institution (Doctoral program applicants only)
Master degree diploma (Doctoral program applicants only). Students whose diplomas have not yet been issued should present an official document indicating the date of conclusion and degree earned. Students who are still atending the graduate program should submit an official letter indicating that potential date of the dissertation exam. Graduate diplomas obtained in countries other than Brazil, applicants should additionally submit a recognition or equivalence of the diploma.
Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese for foreigners (CELPE-BRAS), intermediary or higher level.
Please submit your application materials (by the postmark deadlines) to:
ESALQ - Serviço de Pós-Graduação
Av. Pádua Dias, 11
Caixa Postal 9
13418-900 Piracicaba, SP
Tuition and fees
The graduate studies provided by the University of São Paulo are non-tuitional. The application process, however, includes a R$150 (approx. sixty US Dollars) fee, which admitted international students can pay upon arrival.